life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Monday, May 24, 2010

AAAAAAGHHHH!!!! LIZARDS!!!!!



AAAAAAAAGHHHGHHH! So many lizards...

For Mikey is great, and Mikey's closet does contain many things...

And Mikey did go into his closet, or attic, or wherever in his house he fits all this stuff... And he did produce MORE old edition saurus and some skinks...

And yea, for Mikey is one of the best, awesomest, most generous people I know, he did offer up these bitz and piecez un to me... having personally no use for them...

And for that I have a charitable heart, and am a packrat; and for that I love working with half-started/half-finished/damaged/abused models and armies...

...I have something fun to work at tonight...


Above are the three units I effected positive change on just now: clockwise from top right, Mikey's saurus all got shields, and I dug up a guy to make a full command; my skirmiskinks with blowpipes are finally WYSIWYG; from some other plastic I had; and I can also add a cool-looking little unit of 20 ranking spear-and-shield skinks (thanks for gifted command figs!).

If you are familiar with the Lizardmen range you may notice a lot of older/newer pieces, arms, legs etc. in unusual combinations. I love combining editions. I converted old edition bow-skinks for my stegadon crews, it not once occurring to me that I could use the steg-box-skinks for something else later... now they wield blowpipes! And some of them have the cutest little short tails! (: there is also a handful of converted old-edition bow-skinks in the blowpipers!

Once the saurus footsloggers are all dry, I intend to have a Saurus Lottery and mix them all together so that each unit will display a cool mix of all the different shields I have ended up with. I like recombining units once in a while. If you work on a unit as a whole, then split them up and mix them, then work on them again, procedures and colour schemes will begin to overlap most fascinatingly...

and we all know how much I value Variation...!

I can see a lot of brush priming in my future... it is how I get away with adding to already-painted stuff. Some of the Saurus, in particular, from Mikey's household already had a beautiful yellow-over-green veining scheme so I don't want to spraybomb them. So I'll have to brush-bomb the shield black or white or something. But incorporating some cool existing paint/working with another painter :))))))) is worth a little extra time a-brushing.

thanks for reading... just for fun, I'll leave you with:
LEAPING LIZARDS

OH MY GAAAAAAAAGHHHGHHH!!!!!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment