life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

bold

i found the words today to explain why I do this

why I do the most important thing in my life - my cultural activities:

I want to reach as many people as possible. (wow, that is a bold statement!)

thing about messages: each artistic message has a presentation, and people variously may or may not like a certain presentation.

mass media has worked for artists because it gives them the largest chance pool in which to float their style of message.

it allows them to act on with greater ease their social purpose: to be a lightning rod for awakening and change in the movements of society.

so I internet (and make books, and create music)

so that I may reach the most, interested parties

so we might co-operate to get the most out of life

p.s.
in my particular case, I am condemned by my attitude to only accept success on my terms; meaning:

I am not prepared to submit to any kind of outside controls when it comes to content or editorial policy.

Don't get me wrong, I love working with people, particularly skilled or even just motivated people. Two people can produce deeper art than one. Et cetera.

But in this one area of my life, I have shouldered every responsibility. and my responsible decision remains to do art when I feel like it, and then to go for it like there's no tomorrow.

Because I channel passion; and I commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment