life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Saturday, June 12, 2010

GOLDI RIDES


christasthostoraoraret writes:

"dude I just had a gross idea
what if I put the Chaplain on this bike I have kicking around?
it might well make that entire squad not suck
wot u thinq?"

ricalope writes:

"The theoryhammer breakdown: 3 bikes and a chap;
Good parts - Move 12", then fire 8 tl bolters, charge 6", 4 power weapon and 6 regular attacks that re-roll to hit. Anything alive must wound t5, 3+. the Rule of Cool.
Bad part - Only 6 {expensive} wounds, which means dedicated firepower units will laugh at them.

I think the good parts win ;}"


I'd say my tools agree with you... 'cos here I went...

I decided early on I wanted to make a whole new guy, not just tear the legs off my Goldi model... I like putting him with 10 Squad... this way I can still do that if I want.

There were some interesting challenges using the bitz I have at my disposal. The metal backpack is from servitors, and it's a heavy little bugger - therefore I must stabilize the guy so his centre of gravity is lower or he will never stand up for love or money.


I decided the most sensible way to take care of this problem was to drill a slot in the bottom of each wheel, then insert a bunch of bits of pewter from the flashbeams you get under metal models' feet. Basically the same as using shot, or sand; but I didn't have to go buy shot; nor did I have to make a tiny, tiny funnel of some kind...


more as I find thu Time!...

"Here it is, boys... set charges and let's get the hell out..."

No comments:

Post a Comment