life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Monday, July 12, 2010

What Is Safe

Last night I gave myself my first real tattoo

I carved a rune into my shoulder then brushed a bunch of green ink into it and generally pissed it off - I hope it'll stay nicely, I think so!

One time my friend was hanging around a shopfront and the Chinese shopkeeper came out and gave him some Hell money, as a polite and fearful incentive to fuck off.

I wonder, will my profession and experience mark my appearance so indelibly?


There is nothing like getting something permanently inscribed on you to trigger a change in perception.

Will I have to put on a mask to visit places of relative innocence, like Oak Bay?

This is part of my realizing I have to leave what is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment