life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Two Drop Pod Kits = Three Drop Pods

I don't know how tutorial this will be, but I pulled it off: achieving my twin goals of high experimentation, and subtly sticking it to Gee-Dub for their insane pricing structure. Or I dunno... fun?


Ah... two fresh kits and Gwynne Dyer's zillion-part documentary "WAR"... Chris relaxing alone. :)


I am a sneaky converting beast. Four halves of bases can turn into one base and two other bases.


Man, that's a lot of door panels. I don't have to make them ALL double-sided, do I?? I detect more potential for leeway ;>



Roughing in. I do large projects like this at a glacial pace, the which I enjoy. The most important thing is to give yourself time to muse. I can't remember ever f@#$ing up a bitt I later needed. It's because I take my time and do lots of jenga-style balancing of components, as well as trial fitting. When I convert I often end up with funny-gaps-I'll-deal-with-later.

But I have a saying - You don't even need to fool the eye, you just have to make the eye want to be fooled. Who cares if the thing wouldn't seal in a vacuum? The point is it looks f%*^ing cool!!!

Please stay tuned for post-priming photo with rest of army...!

Love, Chris

------------------

p.s. apparently I cannot comment on my own posts. lame WTF!
Ric I would gladly accept plasticard donation, yer last care package has got me through this project! sah! :)))

1 comment:

  1. awesome project! perhaps, to soften the glacier, I could donate a sheet of plasticard?

    ReplyDelete