life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Friday, January 14, 2011

Money for Nothing

http://www.cbsc.ca/english/decisions/2011/110112.php

One complainant.

One fucking complainant, however erudite, is able to curtail my listening rights.

That is a tyranny of the minority.

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
-- Rorschach

-----------------------------------

Hey!!

Why the fuck am I trying to help commercial radio?

Why should I spend my energy from my life to help commercial radio, when we can just make it irrelevant?

---> This <--- is culture, this is not counterculture. Business culture is counterculture. Real culture is culture in the muddy green garden of life, real culture knows no rules or limits. Real culture has no fucking industry council of oversight. Why the fuck should I try and actualize mass society? Even if I had a pretension to do so, I could only ever accomplish anything by actualizing myself.

Closing remarks before I just ignore radio from here on out, as beneath my contempt:

1) Don't trust radio or news services to report on this or similar issues. They have a vested interest in accepting this new change seamlessly.

2) I do worry that mass society does have strength, that could be used against me, could be perverted to use against real human culture (against itself) for the cause of greed.

3) I am worried that if you 'ban' a word, you also 'ban' a thought. I bet the Laramie Project has the word 'faggot' in it, and maybe even the word 'nigger'. Dare you to ban that. It's the people who have never been exposed to evil, even by way of example in literature, that are the most susceptible to the spell of bigotry.

be well

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment