life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Monday, February 7, 2011

Fighting Catman of Earth

this is part of something cool I am working on... >;)

"I've been an academic, I've been a sage, I've been a rock star. Nothing beats the direct action of applying withering flames to killers and degenerate monsters. While looking damn sexy. I don't care if there's no audience. This is art.

"Life out here in the diaspora soup is like a drug. It's so ruthless and cacophonic that only humans with a shamanic tendency can survive here, let alone go on to be gregarious among its horrors and its unearthly beauties...

"But nothing here is courteous to the human brain. That's why I let go of being entirely human...

"This is deranged. This is 'not completely real'. This is strolling sexily down the ramp of a stolen Land Raider out into the blazing sun and flying dust with a rictus grin on your face and a huge and lethal gun in your hands, and expecting your opposite numbers are grinning too...

"My mirrored lenses have witnessed more horror than I could ever remember. I've lost sets of ears in lava and to giant squid-creatures and in hard vacuum near-fatalities. I've lived longer than I can properly remember to count. I've pulled rads that put me in the shadow of death, and laughed at it and then lit a smoke.

"Because even death is fucked up and different here... this is the place where death plays... sometimes death will play with you..."

"I want to smoke a cigarette in the slag of Isstvan. I want to feel the scorching rays of a double sun, bouncing off my mirrorshades. I want to feel my cat-ears plastered to my head in a Zeta windstorm.

"I want to spread my incendiary truth as wide as my smile."

No comments:

Post a Comment