life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shamanized

I notice little traces, little signs in people. I am certain that a friend of mine just located his personal power.

I feel no need to discuss this with him, because he was really already quite formidable in his own right...

All I really contributed was a conversation, one I've had with several people now, along the lines of:

"How smart do you think you are?"

Standard response: "Oh, normal I guess." "About average."

That's when I say-a like: "Well, I happen to know my intelligence level. I was tested at several different points in my academic career, and consistently placed in the 99th percentile, which pegs my IQ (remembering that IQ is weird) at 140 OR HIGHER.

I say, "You've been carrying on this (extremely sophisticated) conversation with me, and I have not had to explain myself once, or even ramp myself down to be understood by you. You are a very, very smart person." grinnnnnnnnnn I love my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment