life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Thursday, April 7, 2011

my heat is coming back.

it's just kinda bent and pissed off, so it's taking its sweet time.

I walked around downtown today, baited breath beginning for the unabashed humping of tourist season. victoria's multiple, irreconcilable personalities. the truest thing I saw was a branch of twigs against cloud against the sky.

for some reason I feel very close to Emily Carr right now. would it be presumptuous to say that I, too, am doing exceptional things, in a form that society currently ignores or despises; unknown in my hometown except by select, individuated special people whom I mostly sought out.

walked down to visit the statue, "Our Emily". what a title, having read the book, can ya phuccin' believe the audacity. In Canada we are irresponsible with our icons. adoration after the fact.

I'd die a happy man if I thought that someday, our exceptional people would be sought after and encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment