life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Sunday, May 8, 2011

YouTube can be funny.

"Are You A Satanist?"

am I a Satanist?


am I a Satanist?? I don't know what to tell ya, I am a blob of cells that became a student of culture...

I reject your framing, "Do What Thou Wilt" the same as I reject the ideas of Doing or Will. "Follow Your Heart?" I reject your metaphor of being led.

I reject any of these, peacefully, as not being literal, as even-handedly as I reject "Suffer Not A Witch To Live" or any of that fundie crap; even as I accept all of these ideas as legitimate (but equally wrong) metaphors pointing at an ineffable truth.

"Bend Not To Your Own Understanding?" yeah, that's what I'm doing. but doing that doesn't require me to adopt a lot of fucking rules either. that would generate a fallacious basis for understanding.

it is my pride to stand outside of all of this stuff. call me an outlaw, I guess, but then that's somebody else's metaphor too, so don't call me that either.

call me Chris. love me and don't piss me off. I'll handle the inside of my own head. thank-you!

1 comment:

  1. http://ricalopia.blogspot.com/2011/05/post-200-with-style.html

    ReplyDelete