life (85) warhammer (50) politics (40) art (38) artists (27) mental health (26) future (25) music (22) culture (18) rabbit hole (12) wolfram (11) morality (8) poetry (8) brutal (7) camp awesome (7) personal history (7) poem (7) psoriasis (7) purity control (7) nWo (6) shame (6) cats (5) fear (5) books (4) crime (4) health (4) map (4) modelling (4) otherworld (4) sexuality (4) canada (3) technology (3) christasthostoraoraret (2) game/play (2) guilt (2) love (2) story (2) sundance (2) words (2) writing (2) zen (2) arcology (1) boomers (1) dream (1) eagles (1) fish (1) fluff (1) food (1) goldstream (1) haiku (1) hands (1) heroism (1) hockey (1) hummingbirds (1) instruments (1) magic (1) money (1) nature (1) sick (1) song (1) teeth (1) whales (1) win (1) youth (1)

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Corresponding with my MP, III

Losing patience. No reply, April 8th and I'm done counting.

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Denise:

As a member of the electorate who voted you in, I am writing you to ask, again, if you would provide me with a comment with regard to:

- the controversial Northern Gateway pipeline plan;
- untimely 'tough on crime' legislation and the attempts to bully this prohibitively extensive document past our elected representatives without time for proper reading or debate;
- the outrageous Afghan Detainee document release fiasco;
- national and provincial carbon tax rhetoric - in light of the Climategate revelations;
- the backroom dealings of our provincial and national governments, leading to the unrepresented imposition of the HST in BC; along with the billion-plus in federal incentive money for its introduction, which BC taxpayers must now pay back;
- embarkation with apparent lack of debate upon an adventurous, open-ended conflict in Libya.

Most of this list is verbatim from my previous letter. I was not satisfied with your 'response', which consisted of a form letter / partisan essay on copyright law, and the impending copyright legislation. Please regard this list of concerns as by no means complete. This 'Harper Government' is out of control, and frankly, I would like to know what you, as my MP, the NDP, or anyone in the Canadian Government is doing about it!

I am committed to the Canadian political process insofar as I believe in decent, conflict-free society and ideals of responsible governance. But I am losing patience with the particular human components of the process. Be sure that if I am not satisfied by your response I shall be seeking another MP to vote for when the time arrives, and swaying as many others as I can toward someone who can at least find the time to address my grievous concerns in a dialogue I consider honest; let alone prove to be effective in articulating my concerns in Parliament.

Please note that I am treating this as an open letter, and will be posting the above and any response to http://christasthostoraoraret.blogspot.com

Thank you for your time.

(

-----------------------------------------------------------

As I await a response, it is the compliments of the Establishment to provide a heartfelt Baseline Minimum response:

Dear constituent:

I have reviewed your e-mails and note your obvious concern. I regret that it is not feasible for me to provide personalized responses to every constituent letter. I further regret that I cannot provide a point-by-point response to your letter at this time. You'll just have to trust me for a space. I and my colleagues in the NDP are doing our utmost to preserve your constitutionally protected liberties, and the integrity of our country.

Sincerely, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment